- The complete brewing process from milling, to wort production, to fermentation and filtration.
- Cleaning and sanitizing tanks, cleaning the outsides of vessels, cleaning floors, and maintaining the appearance of the brewhouse and cellar.
- Cellar management including yeast pitching, daily fermentation tracking and dry-hopping.
- Close adherence to all SOPs and safety procedures, as provided.
- Upholding and advancing our quality standards.
- Accurately completing all checklists.
- Development and brewing of test batches for potential release. Previous experience with recipe development is a plus.
- Shift work
- Being a promotional spokesperson for StillFire Brewing. This is a part of everybody’s job description.
- Wort production on a 3-vessel 20bbl brewhouse
- Cleaning-in-place/Sanitation-in-place using corrosives/strong acids/bases
- Basic cellar work, including transfers, filtering, fining, dry hopping, carbonating beer, and basic sensory
- Basic packaging, including kegging and canning on a Wild Goose system
- Experience conducting basic laboratory work, including cell counts, pH measurement, ABV, and extract measurement
- Physical ability to crouch, stand, or climb rapidly and continuously throughout a 8-10 hour brewing shift
- Comfortable working in potentially confined spaces, such as lauter tun or horizontal lagering tanks
- Ability to work in spaces with potentially large swings in temperature, or in sustained cold or hot conditions
- Basic chemical hygiene and chemical handling
This list is not meant to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and may be subject to change.
- A love for beer and an interest in how it is brewed.
- 1+ years of professional brewing or cellar experience
- A high energy level and an attention to detail is needed. We have a great enthusiasm for what we are doing and are seeking a person who shares this.
- Must also be physically able to lift 55 lb grain sacks, drag heavy hoses across the floor and perform other physically demanding duties such as moving and stacking kegs
- Ability to work both independently, and in a team environment
- Ability to work multiple shifts, including early morning or swing
- Reliable transportation to brewery
- Competent in MS Office and basic communication software
- Experience with Ekos Brewing Management software preferred or other brewery management software
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid time off
- Merchandise discounts
- Access to our events
- Working in a highly collaborative, fun, and exciting environment
- Learning from one of the country’s most knowledgeable Brew Master’s in the country